quarta-feira, dezembro 22, 2004

Wystan Hugh Auden (1907-1973)
Funeral Blues (Song IX / from Two Songs for Hedli Anderson)


"Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone.
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling in the sky the message
He is Dead,Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good."

"Quatro casamentos e um funeral"
http://alt.venus.co.uk/weed/writings/poems/images/another_time_4.jpg

nunca tinha visto o filme até este ano. á dois anos a A.L. a leu-me este poema que me fez arrepiar... mas ouvi-lo no contexto do filme fez-me vê-lo com mais profundidade... tu lês bem, minha querida, mas a envolvência é tão importante.... de qualquer das formas obrigada por me dares a conhecer tantos livros e tantas palavras perdidas...

escrever assim sobre o amor. pensar assim sobre o amor. viver assim sobre o amor.
é assim que eu me quero sentir no funeral de cada um daqueles a quem amo...

Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Free Live Chat Rooms Enter my Chat Room
Free Chat Rooms by Bravenet.com
Who links to me?